- Breast cancer is the second leading cancer amongst women in India and gujarat.
- it is higher among urban urban women.
- Breast cancer develops from a cancerous cell which develops in the lining of a milk duct or milk gland (lobule) in one of the breasts.
- The chance of dying from breast cancer is about 1 in 36.
- Breast cancer death rates have been going down. This is probably the result of finding the cancer earlier and better treatment.
- The following steps can help you stay well and improve your odds against breast cancer.
- If you are 40 or older, get a mammogram and breast exam every year and report any breast changes to your doctor right away
How Breast Cancer occours?
Breast cancer is always caused by a genetic abnormality (a "mistake" in the genetic material). However, only 5-10% of cancers are due to an abnormality inherited from your mother or father. Instead, 85-90% of breast cancers are due to genetic abnormalities that happen as a result of the aging process and the “wear and tear” of life in general.